The links below provide an overview of the rules for model flying in EMFU member countries, including information on rules for visiting pilots. The information is provided by the EMFU member associations of each country. Please contact us through the Contact Form if you have any comments on this section. We would also very much welcome information on the implementation of the EU rules in countries that are not EMFU members. Visiting pilots may also want to check our general information for visiting pilots.
For ease of reference, we’re also composing and regularly updating a table with information on registration and training/certification in each of the EMFU member countries. This table an be found here (PDF File).
For an overview of and specific issues on the EU legislation please see the relevant other sections of the EMFU website.
Links to information on the implementation of the new EU legislation in EMFU member countries (click on the name of the country or the map below) (date between brackets is when the page was last updated):
- Austria (12/12/2020)
- Information for guest pilots (EN)(Belgian Aeromodelers League)
- Denmark (coming soon)
- Finland (coming soon)
- France (EN and DE)(Féderation Française d’Aéromodelisme)
- Germany (MFSD) (15/1/2021)
- Information for guest pilots (MFSD) (in German)
- Luxembourg (EN and FR)(Féderation Aéronautique Luxembourgeouise – Section Aéromodelisme))
- Netherlands (23/12/2020)
- Information for guest pilots (EN)(Norwegian Air Sports Federation)
- Portugal (coming soon)
- Information for visiting pilots (EN)(Spanish State Agency for Aviation Safety)
- Information for visiting pilots (EN)(Asociación Española de Aeromodelismo (AEAMD))
- Sweden (12/12/2020)
- Information for guest pilots (EN) (Swiss Aeromodelling Federation)
- Rules for flying model aircraft in Switzerland (DE/FR/IT/EN) (Swiss Federal Agency for Aviation Safety)
- United Kingdom (link to information on BMFA website)